As the party responsible for processing your data, Also Cloud Oy, Salomonkatu 17, 00100 Helsinki, Finland has implemented a large number of technical and organizational measures with the aim of ensuring that your personal data processed via this website is protected with all round security where possible. Nevertheless, internet-based data transfers may, as a matter of principle, give rise to security gaps, so that total security cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every person concerned is more than welcome to send us personal data by other means, over the telephone for example.
2. Data protection
1. When you visit the ALSO website, both general information and person-related data are recorded and collected automatically (i.e. not by registration). We use the person-related data specifically for processing orders, delivering goods, checking creditworthiness, processing payments, preventing misuse of our website, and informing you about orders, products, services, and offerings. When necessary, we collect data about your online interactions with our company (for example, the pages that you visit and the links and advertisements that you click). The webservers that are used store as standard, for example, the name of your internet service provider, the website from which you visit us, our websites that you visit, and your IP address. These items of information are used exclusively to improve the attractiveness, contents, and functionalities of our website. If data are communicated to external service providers, we ensure by technical and organizational means that the data protection regulations are observed.
2. The careful handling of person-related data is of central importance for ALSO. When collecting, processing, and using data, we strictly adhere to the legal stipulations. In certain operations, (e.g. participation in competitions, contacting us, submission of your job application documents, use of protected areas, etc.), you voluntarily reveal to us some of your person-related data. You therefore agree that ALSO may use the person-related data that you submit for processing the respective business transaction or, should the occasion arise, use your address and order data for marketing purposes, make them accessible to other companies within the ALSO Group, or communicate your person-related data to third parties. If third-party providers have access to these data, the protection of your person-related data is always assured by corresponding contracts and restrictions of purpose. Needless to say, you can at any time revoke your permission for the use and processing of your data, especially for marketing purposes, by sending us a corresponding notification. You can do this with a formless notification to the e-mail address email@example.com.
3. We store person-related data for as long as it is necessary to perform a service that you have requested, or to which you have agreed, provided that there are no legal obligations to the contrary, such as, for example, archiving periods under commercial or tax law.
4. ALSO has implemented technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against manipulation, loss, and destruction, as well as against access, by unauthorized persons. These measures are continuously updated and improved to correspond with technological development. Your person-related data are transmitted over the internet from your computer to our server and vice versa in encrypted form. The actual level of encryption depends inter alia on your computer. Always use the latest browser so that you can encrypt your data with 128 bits.
After you leave our website, you can manually delete cookies from the hard disk of your computer if, for example, a fault in the internet connection makes it impossible for them to be removed automatically.
7. We use retargeting and remarketing functions of third parties on our website. These technologies make it possible to respond to internet users who have visited our site with personalised advertisements on the websites of our partners. For this purpose, the respective retargeting and/or remarketing provider will store a cookie on your hard disk. Based on cookie technology, usage information is stored under a pseudonym, for example, which advertisements of ours that you have received or clicked and which advertisements you have viewed. The pseudonymous data are not at any time combined with your personal data and serve exclusively to enable advertising that relates to your interests. You may object to the use of the following retargeting or remarketing provider by visiting the page for disabling cookies via the corresponding link:
– Google Adwords, Google, Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA;
– Doubleclick by Google, Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA;
– Microsoft Corporation and/or its suppliers, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA;
– Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA;
– LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland;
8. The use of contact forms requires the voluntary input of personal data. By using the contact form, you agree to the collection, processing and use of the data by ALSO for purposes of electronic correspondence.
Use may require the following data: name, first name, telephone number, full address, e-mail address, company name, business type.
Your email address can be used for customer audience campaigns in facebook and google if you consent.
9. When signing up for the ALSO newsletter, you expressly agree to the collection and use of the data that you make to send the newsletter. The email address and, if applicable, the name and surname are used to send the newsletter.
We use the so-called “double opt-in” procedure to send the newsletter, which means that we will only send you a newsletter by e-mail if you have previously explicitly confirmed that we should activate the newsletter service. We will then send you a notification e-mail and ask you to confirm by clicking on a link in this e-mail that you would like to receive our newsletter.
If you do not wish to receive any more newsletters from us at a later date, you can at any time object to it without incurring other than the transmission costs after the basic tariffs. A message in text form to the contact data mentioned in the imprint (eg e-mail, letter) is enough for this. You will also find an unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
10. ALSO uses a third-party provider called Unbounce to host individual pages of our website for promotions, advertising campaigns and to provide an optimized user experience. Unbounce supplies ALSO with evaluations of the prospects’ activities. In this process, your browser directly communicates with Unbounce so that your IP address can be transmitted and cookies can be set. All input you make on these pages is stored with Unbounce and is governed by their own data protection guidelines and is not covered by our data protection stipulations. ALSO uses this to inform you as much and as comprehensively as possible and to continuously improve on our offers.
Unbounce Marketing Solutions Inc.
400-401 West Georgia Street
11. For some marketing campaigns that require registration in order to access marketing content such as whitepapers, webinars, how-to guides and similar content, ALSO may use Active Campaign third-party marketing automation technology. Active Campaign allows delivery of requested marketing content by e-mail to registered users and understand the way they interact with respective marketing content, including websites and automatically delivered e-mails. This marketing automation technology receives data from Unbounce (described in paragraph 10) and uses Zapier (described in paragraph 10) as data integration tool. Active Campaign is putting a cookie on your browser in order to know if you have accessed campaign pages. Your data in these cases are stored in the United States, however, data handling is governed by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework with respect to Personal Information processed from the EU or Switzerland and transferred to the United States.
1 North Dearborn Street, 5th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
You can find it here:
6701 Koll Center Pkwy, Suite 250
Pleasanton, CA 94566
14. Our website may contain links to external websites of third parties over whose contents we have no control. We can therefore accept no responsibility for those third-party contents. In all cases, responsibility for the contents of the linked pages rests with the respective provider or operator of those pages. At the time when they were linked, the linked pages were examined for possible legal infringements. At the time when they were linked, no legal infringements were identified. However, without specific indications of legal infringements, constant monitoring of the contents of the linked pages is impractical. Should legal infringements become known to us, we will immediately remove the affected links. The foregoing also applies to links from other websites to our website that are known to us.
15. You have the right to inspect all data relating to your person that are stored by us and to have them corrected if necessary. For this purpose, we request your written notification to the address stated in the Imprint.
16. Our website sends out newsletters, emails and other electronical notifications for advertising purposes. For this, we use the email tool Mailchimp. The owner of the tool is The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318. Within the tool we maintain lists of recipients. You can sign up for and opt out of those lists. As soon as we have new product information we prepare an email and send it out to all signed up users. After the send out we are able measure the success of a campaign via Mailchimp. We are able to see how many users have opened an email and how many clicked on the landing page link.
17. After visiting our website you can get further information from your sales team. For this, you need to fill out and submit the form which you will find on our website. Afterwards, your entered date will be stored in a list which we use to optimise our sales process. For creating and maintaining those lists we are using Zapier.
Zapier is provided by Zapier Inc., 243 Buena Vista Avenue, Suite 508, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States. Zapier processes daten based on the EU-U.S. & Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. More information can be found here https://zapier.com/privacy/.
Zapier receives the data from Unbounce, a tool we use to create Also landing pages. The data is transferred via a Webhook – a method of communication between servers. Our lists include name, email address, company name, phone number and company type.
18. ALSO uses Google Tag Manager, a service of Google L.L.C, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Tag Manager enables website tags to be managed via an interface. Google Tag Manager, which implements the tags, is a cookie-free domain, and doesn’t itself collect any personal data. Google Tag Manager triggers other tags, which may under certain circumstances collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If disabled at the domain or cookie level, this will apply to all tracking tags that have been implemented in Google Tag Manager. Google complies with the Privacy-Shield Agreement between the European Union and the USA and is certified. As such, Google is required to uphold the standards and regulations of European Data Protection Law.
More information about data protection at Google can be found here:
The EU-GDPR provides you with the following rights:
Furthermore, you will have the right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority.
When will your personal data be deleted?
ALSO will delete your personal data as soon as the purpose for which it is collected no longer exists. In order to fulfil statutory requirements, it is necessary that your personal data isinitially only blocked for further processing.
Data protection officer:
Should you have any data-related concerns, you can contact our customer support team, employees and our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status: May 2019